What We Are Reading:
Wine Around the Web New Year Edition
- Need some value wine recommendations? Here are Treve Ring and Anthony Gismondi’s Top 10 Value Wine
- Juanita is Toasting teams who produce simple, original wines that reflect regions in the Journal this week
- Punch has looked into the Crystal Ball for the trends and stories that will shape 2018
- Enotri Wine Marketing has posted to Instagram a video from Abruzzo asking Do you know where your wine comes from? A good Question for 2018.
- Lots to think about in Jamie Goode’s article on Natural Wine, Natural Wine is a Runaway Train, and it Might Be Time To Hit the Brakes. Faults should be mistaken for Terroir.
- I’m with Kurtis Kolt on this one:
First off, pass me ALL the Champagne you don’t want to drink, I’ll appreciate it. Second, F*ck You Esquire, Champagne is never boring. Lastly all those promo bottles of Champagne that Marketing Directors send to you, hoping for coverage? Send them our way, we’ll treat them right.
- Wine Folly has created this fun, but true: The Evolution of Your Wine Palate (Funny, But True)
- One of our favourite Women in Wine Sandra Oldfield said Goodbye this fall to Tinhorn Creek, here are two interviews with her : Sandra Oldfield leaving Tinhorn Creek by John Schneider, and My Interview with Sandra Oldfield – A Heart Beating for BC Wine by Karl Kliparchuk My Wine Pal. As much as we were saddened to see the sale of Tinhorn Creek, we are excited to see what Sandra does next. Follow her on twitter @SandraOldfield, she is one of the most engaged people in the wine world.
Yours in Wine, Sasha